- 23.06.22MONOARTHRITIS or OLIGOARTHRITIS pathway (South Sefton and Southport & Formby CCGs)
- 23.06.22MONOARTHRITIS or OLIGOARTHRITIS, inflammatory: biological agents - South Sefton and Southport & Formby CCGs
- 23.06.22FARICIMAB solution for injection (Vabysmo®▼) for diabetic macular oedema
- 23.06.22SODIUM ZIRCONIUM CYCLOSILICATE powder for oral suspension (Lokelma®▼) for persistent hyperkalaemia
- 23.06.22SODIUM ZIRCONIUM CYCLOSILICATE powder for oral suspension (Lokelma®▼) for emergency treatment of hyperkalaemia
- 23.06.22FILGOTINIB tablets (Jyseleca®▼) for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis
- 23.06.22FARICIMAB solution for injection (Vabysmo®▼) for neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration
Who we are
The Pan Mersey Area Prescribing Committee (APC) is a professional group consisting of GPs, Pharmacists, and other key healthcare professionals. We seek to identify and champion the appropriate use of medicines across Merseyside taking into account cost effectiveness, quality, equity and above all, patient safety.
The Committee is responsible for making recommendations of medicines, especially high cost medicines, across the Merseyside and Warrington footprint.
The Pan Mersey APC believes in the following values:
Ensuring a safe and cost effective use of medicines across Merseyside to increase the health of our population.
To ensure there is a transparent and fair decision making process.
All medicines are assessed for clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness so we can ensure best value for money and full use of resources.
Most of the information on this website is intended for healthcare professionals. Members of the public seeking advice on medicine related issues are advised to contact their GP, pharmacist or nurse. Alternatively, they may call 111 for the NHS non-emergency service.
The Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU) works in collaboration with the Pan Mersey Area Prescribing Committee (APC) providing medicines commissioning support. The full range and scale of expert support and how MLCSU deliver success to its customers can be found on the MLCSU website: Medicines Management and Optimisation.
Your NHS partner for improving health and integrating care