- 15.10.21UPADACITINIB prolonged-release tablets (RINVOQ® ) for treating atopic dermatitis
- 15.10.21TRALOKINUMAB solution for injection (Adtralza® ) for treating atopic dermatitis
- 15.10.21EMPAGLIFLOZIN tablets (Jardiance®) for treating chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
- 15.10.21DAPAGLIFLOZIN tablets (Forxiga®) for treating chronic kidney disease
- 14.10.21Melatonin prolonged release tablets (Circadin® and Slenyto®) for the treatment of persistent chronic sleep disorders in adults and children
- 07.10.21SULFASALAZINE for patients within adult services
- 07.10.21PENICILLAMINE for patients within adult services
- 07.10.21MYCOPHENOLATE MOFETIL for patients within adult services
Who we are
The Pan Mersey Area Prescribing Committee (APC) is a professional group consisting of GPs, Pharmacists, and other key healthcare professionals. We seek to identify and champion the appropriate use of medicines across Merseyside taking into account cost effectiveness, quality, equity and above all, patient safety.
The Committee is responsible for making recommendations of medicines, especially high cost medicines, across the Merseyside and Warrington footprint.
The Pan Mersey APC believes in the following values:
Ensuring a safe and cost effective use of medicines across Merseyside to increase the health of our population.
To ensure there is a transparent and fair decision making process.
All medicines are assessed for clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness so we can ensure best value for money and full use of resources.
Most of the information on this website is intended for healthcare professionals. Members of the public seeking advice on medicine related issues are advised to contact their GP, pharmacist or nurse. Alternatively, they may call 111 for the NHS non-emergency service.
The Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU) works in collaboration with the Pan Mersey Area Prescribing Committee (APC) providing medicines commissioning support. The full range and scale of expert support and how MLCSU deliver success to its customers can be found on the MLCSU website: Medicines Management and Optimisation.
Your NHS partner for improving health and integrating care